Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Again...

So here we go again. Maddy has the chicken pox... yes for the second time... AND she was vaccinated! CRAZY... I know! Chuck noticed them on Monday night and I confirmed it Tuesday morning, that indeed it is all characteristic of the Chicken pox. She is not sick (nor was she the first time she got it), she doesn't really itch... she just has about 20ish "bug bites" on her tummy. I got to thinking, why did I even bother vaccinating this girl, but then I think had I not vaccinated her would she have gotten it worse and then got it again? Who knows. But for the well-being of my mind, I will pretend that if she wouldn't have been vaccinated that she would have been ultra-miserable the first go round and then she would have a repeat, so I made it to where it was a small, non-bothersome case both times around.
September 2007
April 2009
So she gets to stay home for a couple of days (a few of them are starting to feel rough already) and hopefully make it back to school soon. But while she's at home Macee has had a playmate and they have been dancing, watching movies, building blocks and being quite fun.
If you came to my house, you would have NO CLUE anything was wrong with this pretty girl! But I hope for her sake that she doesn't get them again... she really hates to miss school!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've heard of that happening before. I think my cousin got some weird form the second time that centered only on one part of her body. Hopefully this is it for her and she doesn't ever get them again! At least she's not miserable, right?

Nichelle said...

Her belly button has not changed!

grandma kathleen said...

Call Kristen. Malena had the same thing when she was here. And they were together Saturday night. They thought Malena was allergic to something.

Meredith Ferrin said...

lucky you! At least your little one has a playdate! I hope she feels better soon....

Lorie said...

It seems to be going around! Are you sure they are Chicken Pox? Lou La frequently gets viral rashes that I swear are Chicken Pox but the doctor always tells me otherwise.

Either way I hope she is feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

This is Kristen - Malena may have given them to her. We noticed the spots Saturday morning, but thought allergy because she has been vaccinated with a buster and she already had a breakout last year. So who knows.