...and I did!!!
Not on purpose, but... well, here's how it goes. We were just driving to Fawn's in-laws house to watch American Idol after going out for her b-day dessert and we get to their street. Out of the corner of my eye I see a rabbit hopping quite fast from a field and heading straight for the road I am driving on. I totally slow down and the dumb rabbit jumps into the road and I guess under my nice, freshly washed, cleaned tired, Suburban!!! And then I feel the bump and hear the CRUNCH... the rabbit is DEAD!!! Well I assume it's dead from the sound and bump!!! I start to laugh until I cry- I HAVE NEVER HIT ANY ANIMAL WHILE DRIVING- and so this is my first experience. I should be sad, but with Fawn sitting next to me... that's kinda hard! So we park at the house and Jessica (she was following us) pulled up and got out and said we were MURDERERS!!! We were laughing so hard- DUMB rabbit! Anyways- come to find out- it was a good thing I "killed the wabbit" because they are running loose in the orchard and the Mortensen's want them all dead, so I did them a favor! I got high-5's from a few of them tonight! I was going to take a picture of the poor little guy when we were driving home, but he was gone... maybe someone cleaned him up or maybe he was someone's dinner- I guess we will never know. But I will always remember when I "killed the wabbit" (you all know the cartoon- does it bring back memories???)


3 comments:
Hahaha! Thanks for this memory! It was quite entertaining, but kinda sad at the same time, because that is a noise I will forever have engraved into my brain! ( I am really not a sicko, it was just because we were both so shocked, all we could do was laugh!) Anyways, thanks for the fun night! You are fabulouso!!!
I Love that you see the humor in stuff like that. Once one of my mission companions ran over a squirrel. I laughed my head off and she cried. To this day I can make her cringe by bringing it up.
when are you going to post again
Post a Comment